The Signal Newspaper

Last week I stopped by The Signal Newspaper Office to see if I can join their newspaper as a cartoonist. They sounded pretty enthusiastic about the idea. As a matter of fact, they were talking about hiring a cartoonist not long before I walked in. The only problem I have is the way they were wording themselves based on the short interview and emails. From the looks of it, they just want to collaborate on a couple projects, but not keep me as an official cartoonist for their paper. Ideally, I'd want to work with them during my entire college career --earning money while making comic strips. But this honestly sounds too good to be true. Since I'm such a pessimist, I predict they're gonna want me to work on a few projects, but with limited creative freedom. They'll make me constantly change the final outcome of a piece because it doesn't meet their "vision" or something weak sauce like that. I got this impression when they gave me the mission to make a new design for their Logo but didn't bother to tell the design had to incorporate the "signature" exclamation point until after I had already it. This is what My final one with the exclamation point looks like:
now, of course, this won't be good enough. Although it has an exclamation point, it doesn't resemble the one that is already established. So this is my back up:
Also an update from my comic book:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Archetypal story of the friend girl and boy

The Hero's Journey

Last Blog