The Getty Conference

(photo of where I head breakfast in the hotel)
For Art History we were given the choice to attend a conference instead of taking the final. Since I don't anticipate on getting a good grade on the final, I figured it would be the best course of action to go. I made an event out of it since it took place in LA and my home is in Riverside which isn't too far away. I went to LA by Amtrak and stayed in a fancy hotel with my dad who picked me up at the bus station. In the morning we made our way to the Getty conference but my dad ended up taking me to the Getty Museum which is 30 minutes away from the Getty Conference! When I finally made it to the conference I was an hour late and I missed 3 speakers. In order to get a full grade I had to attend the whole event and write a paragraph on each speaker. Since I already have a bad history with my history teacher, there's a good chance she will not cut me any slack.
  The conference overall was incredibly boring. The topics did not interest me at all despite it being all about Latino/Chicano art. I don't care about how under represented this is, our how privileged that is. All I care about in art is skill and aesthetics. I don't care about the history, politics, let alone the race of an artist.
   Everyone there looked pretentious. They didn't look like artists. Artist are weird and quirky. Real artists don't go to these events. The only thing I enjoyed at the event was the cheese and crackers with tasty chilly peppers. Speaking of chili peppers, I was out of place physically when I was wearing my Red Hot Chili Peppers T-shirt with cargo shorts and a sweat shirt wrapped around my waist among the very formally dressed Caucasian men and women. After everything was said and done, I went home to my mother's green enchiladas, and I slept, and it was good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Archetypal story of the friend girl and boy

The Hero's Journey

Last Blog