Lack of color

I'm working on a new comic for the signal newspaper. Its style is meant to be like ancient Greek pottery art.
I've always had a lot of trouble with color. If you look at the stuff I make you can tell I try to avoid it. Every time I try to utilize color, it always ends up being less than perfect. It's discouraging because color can really bring an image to life. Instead of trying to come of up with a color scheme myself, I just copy it off of other works of art. Most of the time it doesn't translate well. While I look for schemes to copy I often go down this rabbit hole on the internet full of artists that are far better than me. It's always difficult to swallow. I mean, I know these people put in the time and effort and are likely older, and that I should take it as motivation to get better, but I feel so powerless. Like I'll always be at square one with this little rat race I play in my head. Of course, there's some kind of lame metaphor to be taken from this issue. I know there's a lack of color in my life, and I need to make an effort to focus on the little things that are within my control and gradually aim higher and higher. I guess the only reason I'm complaining is that the process is slow and annoying. It's hard to see any progress and it's not immediately clear why any of it is worthwhile, especially while I'm in this self-exile in my dorm all damn day. I'll likely join a thing next semester. Hopefully, it will be worthwhile. Till then small talk and memes will have to suffice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Archetypal story of the friend girl and boy

The Hero's Journey

Last Blog