Student Blogger

My dad sent me a job posting from the stan admissions Instagram account. He's always on my ass about getting a job. I tell him the benefits of leisure outweigh the cost of work. I'm sure he thinks I'm a smart ass with my remarks. The job title was Student Blogger. I was intrigued but also pessimistic. As you can tell I'm familiar with blogs, somewhat, but I'm not exactly "presentable" if you catch my drift. I talk about abortion, rejection, insecurity, quarrels, etc.

I checked out the job description and qualifications. As expected, I'm supposed to market Stan State and present it in the best of light. So I'm very limited in what I can say likely. I'm sure they're not looking for anyone nuanced, controversial, and argumentative. They're likely looking for an attractive, extroverted girl who has an organized schedule and can take pretty pictures of the campus. She probably puts hearts instead of dots above the i. She got really good grades in high school. I'm sure I'm wrong about these things, but am I really? 

"Open until full"

Ah, so they're likely looking for multiple bloggers. That decreases the load a little. The applicants are mostly, if not all, girls (the school is mostly girls, the likes on the post were mostly girls, the tags in the comments were girls, girls generally perform better academically). If they're looking for any kind diversity that's meaningful, since most colleges claim they are, I'm sure I have a lot to offer. Instead of uploading photographs for visuals, I can show my art and comics. Since I'm not extroverted, I can attract a more niche demographic of readers.

Not only would I develop my writing and art skills, I'd get paid to do so, but I'd be limited in what I can say. The trade-offs seem equal, and money is money, looks like I'm applying.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Archetypal story of the friend girl and boy

The Hero's Journey

Last Blog