Work

So it turns out the Blog people don't mind waiting for my paperwork. I feel really bad making them wait this long. I dislike unreliable people and I dislike being unreliable.
Everything should be handled by the beginning of May.
Also, I'm applying for another job: Assistant Graphic designer for student housing. I'm acquainted with the employer, and he's seen my work, so I think I have a pretty good chance of getting the job. If that doesn't work out, I'll try for graphic designer at the signal newspaper.
Although I don't necessarily like graphic design, because it involves making boring designs to accompany boring words, it's good motivation to learn and develop graphic skills that will ultimately improve my artwork.
I'm still not sure of what I want to do in the future. I wouldn't want to make a career out of working for other people; I don't like it when people call the shots for me.
On the other hand, making other people's ideas better seems to be something I enjoy. I don't have much of an imagination, but I do have an eye for what looks good and what doesn't. I wonder if there's a job out there for that. Art director? I don't know. I'd probably have to start at the bottom of a studio if I'm gonna get there. That won't be fun, and I'm still not confident in my abilities as an artist. If only I had the time and determination to perfect my craft. That's what all the masters had; time and resolve.
Speaking of work, I've been lacking in productivity lately. Hopefully, I can get into the gist of things soon. Youtube and social media have been getting in the way, so I'm gonna limit my intake as much as possible. Obligations suck but handling responsibility is a sign of good character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Archetypal story of the friend girl and boy

The Hero's Journey

Last Blog